GloryBee and B Corp
Why B Corp™?GloryBee® was founded on the core values of faith, genuine relationships, healthy living and stewardship. We became a Certified B Corporation® because we believe that business can be a force for good and inspire change for the better. Attaining this esteemed B Corp certification is our way of demonstrating our resounding commitment to our core values.
Being a Certified B Corporation indicates that we meet the rigorous standards of social and environmental performance. To us, this is much more than just a stamp of approval. Maintaining our B Corp status will challenge us to improve on our sustainable practices as we grow and to constantly consider how we are affecting our employees, the environment, the community and our clients.
B Corp? Explain it to meWhat’s a B Corp?
It’s a certification like Fair Trade, Organic or LEED, but for the whole company.
Meets the highest standards of verified performance, transparency and accountability.
It’s an approach A better way to do business – better for workers, communities and the environment.
It’s a community
A community of practice to increase our individual and collective impact.
It’s a movement
Leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good™.
About B CorporationsCertified B Corporations are leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good. They meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability and aspire to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. There are more than 1,400 Certified B Corporations in over 120 industries and 40 countries with 1 unifying goal – to redefine success in business.
Why is GloryBee a B Corp?We believe as a B Corp we can be a force for good! As a certified B Corporation, we are demonstrating our honest progress towards our goal of being a leader in sustainability and healthy living.
• 40% of our products are Organic
• Our truck fleet uses 20% biodiesel blend from recycled oil sources
• The sun generates 11% of our power
• Family owned and operated, 2nd generation
• 100% of employees are trained on sustainability, healthy living, and safety practices
• 100% of employees can receive health insurance
• Healthy living culture; smoke free campus and an assistance plan for tobacco cessation
• 100% of employees receive 4 hours of paid volunteer time every year
• Bee weekend introduces 800 + queens to backyard beekeepers
• Healthy ingredients are donated to the community food banks
• Because bees pollinate many of our favorite crops of healthy food, we donate 1% of beekeeping and honey sales to Save the Bee.
• We believe all children should have access to healthy food and know how to make healthy choices, so we donate 1% of Aunt Patty’s brand sales to Food for Health.