This molds is made of polyurethane which is a rubber-type material that makes it durable, detailed and easy-to-use. Although it is a bit more expensive than molds made out of other types of materials, we think it is well worth the price.
The bee hive mold in particular features the fine detailed look and feel of a traditional straw bee skep along with two little honeybees hanging out near the entrance. It makes a candle that is 3 inches tall by 2.25" side (at the bottom) and that holds approximately 3.68 ounces of wax. Honeybee enthusiasts and gardeners alike are sure to love the design of this mold! Other pieces of equipment that you will need to use with this mold include the following (these items do not come with the mold):
- Wicking - if using beeswax to make your bee hive candles, we recommend to start out trying a #2 square braid wick.
- Large eyed darning needle, wire or wooden skewer - to pull or push the wick through the wick hole.
- Mold sealer or duct tape - to seal the wick hole once you've pulled the wick through.
- Mold release spray
- Large rubber band - to wrap around the circumference of the mold to prevent wax from leaking out. All of our polyurethane molds have slits cut up one side of the mold which allows for you to open the mold up when taking your finished candle out.
- Wick bar - to hold your wick straight at the top of the mold (which is the bottom of the finished candle).
- Wax, melting pot and thermometer.
Buy in Bulk and Save
Looking for larger sizes of this item? GloryBee offers many of the same great products you know and love in larger bulk and industrial sizes for your business.
Note that a wholesaler account is required to purchase these items, and there is a $200 minimum on all wholesale orders
You may also like...
$2.19 - $5.59
Regular Price: $8.85
Special Price $7.09
Regular Price: $1.25
Special Price $0.99
Regular Price: $8.95
Special Price $7.19