Our beeswax pastilles, otherwise known as beeswax pellets, are great to use when making candles or beeswax ornaments because they are easy to measure and pour. Beeswax is a very hard sticky wax and therefore can be difficult to break into small chunks. We recommend using our beeswax pastilles if you would like to forego this messy process. A beautiful light gold color with a slight sweet honey aroma, they are a blend of pure beeswax and a small amount of paraffin (up to 8%). They are completely ready-to-use – no additional processing or filtering needed!
Our beeswax pastilles work beautifully to make a variety of different candles including molded pillars, hand-dipped tapers, votives and container candles. They also work great to make molded ornaments and hand-carved wax figurines. Because of the paraffin content, this wax is considered non-cosmetic grade so we do not recommend using it as an ingredient in body care products.
How to Melt
Whether making candles or ornaments, you will first need to melt your beeswax pastilles. We recommend using the double boiler method for melting. You should never melt beeswax over direct heat as it may cause scorching or fires. The double boiler method allows for the beeswax to melt at a lower, more consistent temperature. Here are the steps on how to use the double boiler method:
1. Fill an old large saucepan with 1-2 inches of water. The saucepan should be large enough for a metal melting pot to fit inside.
2. Place the saucepan container the water on the stovetop and heat on high until the water reaches a steady, rolling boil.
3. Set the metal melting pot on the stand ring inside the larger saucepan containing the boiling water and lower the heat so that the water is at a gentle simmer. Make sure that the metal melting pot does not sit directly on the bottom of the lower saucepan. If this happens, we recommend using a double boiler stand ring.
4. Gently pour your measured beeswax pastilles into the metal melting pot. Make sure no water splashes in from the bottom saucepan.
5. The beeswax pastilles will melt fairly quickly, anywhere between 15-30 minutes, depending on how many pastilles are in the pot. Make sure to not leave the beeswax unattended while melting. We also recommend using a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the beeswax while it melts. Beeswax has a melting point of approximately 145° F. To prevent scorching of the beeswax, be sure that the temperature does not go above 170° F. Also be sure to monitor the water level in the bottom saucepan. It will evaporate over time and you may need to gradually add more water as the wax melts.
6. After the pastilles are completely melted, you can use as desired (to make candles, ornaments, figurines, etc.).
We import these beeswax pastilles from China. We have a long standing (20+ year) relationship with our supplier and believe in the quality of the beeswax they send us. To ensure this quality, our supplier sends us a test sample to make sure the quality matches our stringent specifications. Upon arrival of each shipment and before we ship to any of our customers, we inspect the batch for quality and test again to ensure the wax meets our purity and quality requirements.
Bloom (White film on beeswax)
100% pure beeswax will develop a naturally occurring white film on its surface over time. Commonly known as "bloom", this white film is an indicator of the purity of the beeswax. If you purchase a candle that is labeled as "pure beeswax", and it doesn’t develop bloom over a period of time, it may not be 100% pure. Bloom can be removed by buffing the surface of the candle with a soft cloth or by running a hair dryer on warm/low over the surface of the candle.
Buy in Bulk and Save
Looking for larger sizes of this item? GloryBee offers many of the same great products you know and love in larger bulk and industrial sizes for your business.
Note that a wholesaler account is required to purchase these items, and there is a $200 minimum on all wholesale orders
You may also like...
$23.99 - $91.99
$1.09 - $21.19
$6.50 - $6.89
$1.79 - $369.59
$8.79 - $39.99
$17.59 - $193.59