Aunt Patty’s Honey and Chia Seed Energy Bars
Posted on January 4, 2016.
- 3/4 Cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 Cup flax seeds
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1/4 Cup GloryBee® Organic Non-GMO Project Verfied Clover Blossom Honey
- 1/4 Cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 Tsp ground ginger (Optional)
- 1 tsp Aunt Patty’s Pure Vanilla Extract (Optional)
- Aunt Patty's Organic Fair Trade Virgin Coconut Oil
- In a glass bowl, mix together your seeds, honey, shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and ground ginger.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Use a paper towel to smear a small amount of coconut oil over the paper to ensure your finished product won't stick.
- Put your mixture on the parchment paper, and spread out as evenly as possible. Top the mixture with another sheet of parchment paper and press down on the top of the covered mixture with another baking pan to flatten it out.
- Cook in the oven at 325° F for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Pull from oven, remove parchment paper from pan, and let sit for 10 minutes (or longer) so that the mixture can harden.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into bar size and serve! Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.