Italian Queen Bee - Marked
Buy in Bulk and Save
Looking for larger sizes of this item? GloryBee offers many of the same great products you know and love in larger bulk and industrial sizes for your business.
Note that a wholesaler account is required to purchase these items, and there is a $400 minimum on all wholesale orders
You may also like...
Read Me First
- Queens are available for pickup OR we can ship to residential addresses in Oregon and Washington. You will not see shipping options outside of those states. Any queen orders placed outside of Oregon or Washington will be canceled.
- Order bees separately from other products. Orders that have bees along with other products will be delayed.
- Queens will be ready for pickup on April 24th from 8:30am - 4:00pm and April 25th from 8:30am - 2:00pm at 29548 B Airport Road, Eugene, OR 97402.
About Italian Queen BeesItalian honey bees, Apis mellifera ligustica, are the most popular type of honey bees. Originating from the continental part of Italy, south of the Alps and north of Sicily, they are adaptable to most climates ranging from subtropical to cool temperate. Italian queen bees are known to be very fertile and will lay Italian worker bee eggs, hence creating a colony of Italian honey bees.Italian honey bees are known to be industrious, clean, reluctant to swarm, strong comb builders and excellent foragers. They are also known to be inclined to excessive brood rearing, more prone to robbing, and tend to forage over shorter distances. They also can consume more food in the winter due to them not forming as tight of a cluster needed to maintain the heat of the colony as well as more food in the fall due to the prolonged brood production.
The international queen bee marking color for 2020 is blue so our marked Italian queens will be marked with a small dot of blue paint on her back (thorax).
Where & When Can I Pick Up My Queen
- You can pick up your queen on Friday, April 24 from 8:30am - 4:00pm and Saturday, April 25 from 8:30am - 2:00pm
- You can pick up your queen at 29548 B Airport Road, Eugene, OR 97402.
- At delivery of your queen you will be required to sign a release of liability before acquiring your bee package, queen(s) or nuc and demo hives.
Important Order Notes
Queens not picked up by 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 25, will be considered abandoned and will be sold to someone waiting on site. GloryBee cannot facilitate hiving any remaining packages and will sell hives to customers on our waiting list. We must sell all packaged bees before the end of the event on Saturday, April 25. We do not offer refunds for any bees not picked up.
GloryBee does not guarantee the successful establishment of a colony, hiving of the packaged bees or nuc box. We do our best to provide all customers with thriving, healthy bees but we do not assume responsibility once the bees leave our facility. GloryBee is not responsible for the survival or productivity of the hive and therefore, does not offer refunds or replacements. We do not guarantee that a queen(s) will be successfully introduced to or will be accepted by your hive. GloryBee is not responsible for queen survival in your hive, or for the condition or productivity of your hive after introduction.
Caution: Live bees are purchased at your own risk. Bee stings may cause allergic reactions in some people.
Customers need to speak with a salesperson to request a refund You can call at 1-800-456-7923. Refunds will not be authorized via email or through voicemail. All pre-ordered packaged bees must be picked up by 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 25 or they will be considered abandoned and sold to someone waiting on site.
No Refunds after Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
How to Install your Bees: