Also known as prayer candles, votive candles have been used for centuries to symbolize the prayers worshippers are offering either for him or herself or for other people. Votive candles have mostly been used in the Christian denomination religions of Anglican and Roman Catholicism, but are also known to be used in other religions. In present day, votive candles are commonly used during special events such as weddings and parties. Normally burned within a glass container that allows for the light to shine through, they are also commonly scented and then used in homes to add a pleasant aroma to the air.
You can make multiple votive candles at one time using our 6-in-1 metal votive mold. This durable, heavy-duty metal mold makes 2 inch tall by 1.75 inches wide round votive candles that will burn for 15 hours on average. Each mold comes with complete instructions and 6 round wick tabs that already have primed wick attached. This is enough to make one set. To make additional votive candles, you will need the following:
- If you're using beeswax to make your votive candles, we recommend to start out trying a medium papercore wicking
- Wick tabs - to hold your wick secure at the bottom of the candle.
- Needle nose pliers - to crimp your wick tab onto the wick.
- Wick pins - to create the wick hole. You will need 6 of these, one for each cavity in the mold. These are placed in the mold before pouring the wax. When the wax hardens, you will pull the wick pin out and then insert the wick with the wick tab attached to the bottom. They are re-usable.
- Wax, double boiler and thermometer.
Buy in Bulk and Save
Looking for larger sizes of this item? GloryBee offers many of the same great products you know and love in larger bulk and industrial sizes for your business.
Note that a wholesaler account is required to purchase these items, and there is a $200 minimum on all wholesale orders