Durable and easy-to-use, our polyurethane molds are made of a rubber type material that also provide beautiful detail to your finished candles. The sunflower with bee design is a floating candle mold. It has a short stem on the bottom and a wide enough base provided by the bottom of the sunflower that makes it able to perfectly float in water. The beautiful detail of the sunflower petals and charming stamp of the honeybee on top makes for a candle that will impress your beekeeper and gardener friends. A group of them gathered in a wide rimmed bowl full of water, make for a wonderful garden party centerpiece. Each mold makes a floating candle that is 2 inches tall by 1.5 inches wide and that holds approximately 1.76 ounces of wax. Other pieces of equipment that are needed to use with this mold include the following (these items do not come with the mold):
- Wicking - if using beeswax to make your bee hive candles, we recommend to start out trying a #1/0 square braid wick.
- Large eyed darning needle, wire or wooden skewer - to pull or push the wick through the wick hole.
- Mold sealeror duct tape - to seal the wick hole once you've pulled the wick through.
- Mold release spray
- Large rubber band - to wrap around the circumference of the mold to prevent wax from leaking out. All of our polyurethane molds have slits cut up one side of the mold which allows for you to open the mold up when taking your finished candle out.
- Wick bar - to hold your wick straight at the top of the mold (which is the bottom of the finished candle)
- Wax, melting potand thermometer
Buy in Bulk and Save
Looking for larger sizes of this item? GloryBee offers many of the same great products you know and love in larger bulk and industrial sizes for your business.
Note that a wholesaler account is required to purchase these items, and there is a $200 minimum on all wholesale orders