Beeswax Lip Balm
Posted on December 29, 2015.
Chapped lips are a common winter woe, but you can fight the dryness with your own natural lip balm made from beeswax and your choice of natural oils.
- ½ cup sweet almond oil (or other oil of your choice, like grapeseed, jojoba, etc)
- 1 oz filtered beeswax
- 5 drops vitamin E oil
- ½ tsp peppermint essential oil
- ¼ tsp aloe vera concentrate (if desired; not necessary)
- Lip balm tubes
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler.
- Add oil. Beeswax may solidify; if so, just wait and stir a bit.
- When liquid, remove from heat and add Vitamin E oil and essential oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Carefully pour into tubes making sure not to burn your hands with the hot wax. Let cool and enjoy!
Helpful hint: our lip balm filling tray makes filling the tubes much easier!