Habanero Honey Chicken Meatballs
Posted on July 6, 2017.
Consider this recipe a lighter take on your standard meatballs. Bypass the ground beef and use ground chicken or turkey. Don't worry - no skimping on taste here! We use our Habanero Honey to impart a sweet, spicy flavor. You can make it your own by adding diced chilies or shredded vegetables like zucchini or carrots. Enjoy on lettuce cups or with a side of quinoa or rice. Perfect for summer entertaining as an appetizer too! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, and salt. Use your hands to mix together just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Measure out meat mixture in level tablespoonfuls, and roll into balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake until internal temperature reaches 165℉ and meatballs are lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes..
- While meatballs cook, prepare the glaze. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together honey, vinegar, hot sauce, and pepper flakes until mixture is smooth and glossy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush meatballs with glaze and return to oven for 1-2 minutes. To serve, divide meatballs between lettuce leaves and sprinkle with scallions. Serve leftover glaze on the side.