Strawberry Honey Jam
Posted on February 27, 2017.
Ingredients (yields 5 cups of jam):
1 cup of Organic Clover Honey
- Wash and rinse all jars, screw bands. You can use recycled GloryBee honey jars if you like. Keep jars in a clean sink, covered with hot water. Add lids to a saucepan of hot water, keeping warm while making the jam.
- Prepare the strawberries. Wash and clean all fruit, removing hulls and stems. You can use frozen berries too, just make sure to let the berries thaw all the way. Chop and mash strawberries, putting in stock pot when done.
- Add calcium water to strawberries, stir well.
- Measure honey into a separate bowl. Mix pectin thoroughly into honey and set aside.
- On the stove on high heat, bring strawberries to a rolling boil stirring constantly. Add honey and pectin, return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly (about 3-5 min cooking time). Remove strawberries from heat.
- Fill jars to ¼ of top. Wipe jar rims clean, screw on 2-piece lids. Process jars in a water bath canner with boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove jars from canner and allow to cool at room temperature. Check lids to ensure seal has taken.