"4C" Cornbread Muffins
This recipe was developed by Aunt Patty and her grand daughter Ellie. It's designed for a young person to be able to make start to finish! Wondering where the name came from? The ingredients: Cornbread mix, Coconut oil, Coconut sugar, and Coconut flakes!
2 ½ Cup of Bob’s Red Mill Stoneground Cornbread Mix
½ Cup of low fat cottage cheese, rinsed and drained
½ Cup of low fat organic coconut milk
¼ Cup of crushed pineapple drained, press out the excess moisture
¼ Cup of Aunt Patty’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
¼ Cup of Aunt Patty’s Almonds, blanched and chopped
¼ Cup of Aunt Patty’s Dry Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
3 Tbsp of GloryBee Pacific Northwest Blackberry Honey
1 large organic brown egg
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line muffin tins with muffin cup liners, if desired.
- Using a spoon, mix all of the ingredients until combined and smooth, do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups evenly (fills 12 cups).
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, check at 12 minutes for doneness.
Optional, prepare ahead of time
- Toast coconut flakes until lightly brown (you can also toast with some nuts if you'd like).
- Dissolve coconut sugar for a glaze: 1-2 Tbsp warm water + 2 Tbsp of Organic Coconut Sugar.
- Brush top of muffin with glaze, top with toasted coconut.
- Serve with honey or just as is.