Melt and Pour Soap
Homemade soap is one of the easiest DIY projects that creates a simple and personalized final product. Choose your favorite ingredients and scents, and then all you have to do is melt and pour.
- GloryBee Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Soap Molds
- GloryBee fragrance oil or essential oil
- GloryBee Gel Tone colorant
- Cut soap base into 1' square blocks and melt in a double boiler or the microwave (if you use the microwave, heat in 30-second increments, mixing between heating sessions).
- Remove from heat and add skin-safe essential oil or fragrance oil to your liking. A good rule of thumb is to start with 1 tsp of fragrance/essential oil for every 16 oz of soap base you use, and go from there. Be careful not to over-use fragrance, or the soap won't solidify properly.
- Add a few drops of gel tone colorant* and mix; add more drops until you achieve the desired level of color.
- Pour into molds and let cool. After a few hours, the soap should be ready to pop out of the molds!
*You can also get creative by adding spices, seeds, etc to the soap. For the dark reddish soaps, we use Aunt Patty’s Turmeric Powder!