Aunt Patty's Gingerbread Cake & Whipped Coconut Cream
Posted on December 7, 2015.
35 mins: 15 min. for prep, Bake for 20 min.
Makes 9 servings
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ Cup Aunt Patty’s Organic Coconut Sugar
- ½ Cup Aunt Patty’s Organic Blackstrap Molasses
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- ²∕³ Cup cold water
- 1½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- Whipped Coconut Cream
Combine egg, sugar, molasses, butter and water; mix well. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ginger and salt; add molasses mixture. Beat until well mixed. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm with whipped coconut cream.
WHIPPED COCONUT CREAM
Prep: 10 mins. Makes about 2.5 cups
1 13 oz Jar of Aunt Patty’s Organic Creamed Coconut
¼ - ½ Cup Aunt Patty’s Organic Sweet Agave Powder
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Chill coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- Place hardened, refrigerated coconut cream in the chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla and agave powder and mix until creamy and smooth, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate. It will harden and set in the fridge the longer it's chilled. Keeps up to 1 to 2 weeks