Coconut Oil Biscuits
These easy coconut oil biscuits are made with ingredients you most likely have in your pantry already, and are ready in about 20 minutes.
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ Cup Aunt Patty’s Virgin Coconut Oil (solid, not melted)
¾ Cup coconut milk (or any milk)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add coconut oil to flour mixture, and use a pastry cutter or forks to cut the coconut oil into the flour until the mixture is the consistency of fine crumbs.
- Stir in the milk until mixture forms a soft dough and no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. Knead the mixture until combined, but be sure not to over-knead.
- Place dough ball onto a lightly floured cutting board. Gently roll the dough out until it reaches about a ½-inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter (about a 2-inch circle) to cut out the biscuits, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the biscuits have risen slightly and begin to brown on top. Remove and serve immediately.