Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
Posted on November 7, 2016.
With November in full swing, we wanted to provide a few of our tried and true Thanksgiving recipes. Many recipes call for refined sugar, but did you know you can substitute honey? We recommend using 2/3 cup-3/4 cup honey for every 1 cup of refined sugar. For the recipe below, we use California Orange Blossom honey – the sweet citrus notes make it a perfect match to use.
- Rinse cranberries and then place in slow cooker.
- Zest and juice 1 large orange. You can peel the zest or grate, whatever you’d prefer.
- Stir honey and fresh orange juice together. Pour over cranberries in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ hours, stirring at least once an hour.
- Turn off slow cooker, remove lid and allow cranberry sauce to sit for at least 15 minutes to cool.
- Serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!